Spread Betting in Basketball explained with simple decimal & non-decimal examples from W88 + W88indi 3-step bet guide. Join for 150% up to ₹15,000 sports bonus!
What is Spread Betting in Basketball online?
When it comes to wagering on sports online, Basketball sport is a must-try, especially on online betting sites like W88 India. However, for that it is important that you learn all about the main betting options you will come across for playing Basketball betting online like the Spread betting in Basketball. Spread betting in Basketball is one of the most simple betting options that you can wager on and to help you learn more about it, here is a simple explanation with tutorials and bonus tricks to play the spread betting in Basketball!
Let us first begin by understanding what is spread in Basketball betting. Spread betting in Basketball is one of the main betting options that alters the results of the real match to determine the winner of the bet. This is because in basketball, there is always a team which is the stronger or favorite team while the other team is the underdog team.
So, to even out the strength difference between the teams, the favorite team gets a handicap of certain points, while the underdog team gets a headstart of certain points at the beginning of the match. This point difference is then calculated with the real match results to alter the results in the sportsbook to determine the winner of the betting option.
How does Spread betting work in Basketball?
To understand what is said above in a much better way, let us look at how does spread betting world in Basketball Betting Online with real match examples from the W88 Sportsbook. All you must remember is that the stronger team is given handicap or negative/minus points and the underdog team is given headstart or positive/plus points at the beginning of the match, and this is based on the strength difference between the teams. There are two kinds of points given, decimal and non-decimal. Below is an explanation of both the spread points in basketball betting with the conditions to win.
Decimal Spread betting points
The first kind of spread in basketball betting option we will look into is the Decimal Spread betting points. As the name suggests, there is a decimal point provided as a handicap for the stronger teams and a headstart for the underdog team at the beginning of the match. Here there is no possibility of a tie score taking place.
Team 1 +11.5 headstart: So, if Team 1 has a Headstart of +11.5 points, this means that they must win the real match or lose the match by less than 11.5 goals for this betting option to win. Because if they lose the match with 10 points, then 11.5 points will be added to their end score and this will give them more score.
Team 2 -11.5 handicap: If Team 2 has a Handicap of -11.5 points, then they have to win the match by scoring 12 or more than 12 points for this betting option to win in the sportsbook. So, if they win the match by 23 points then -11.5 points will be taken away from them and whatever remains would determine the bet winner in the sportsbook.
Non-Decimal Spread betting points
The second kind of Spread in Basketball betting is Non-Decimal points, which means that the handicap and headstart score provided to the stronger and underdog teams respectively is a fixed point. Here there is a possibility of there being a Tie, which is again very unlikely in basketball matches.
Team 1 +12 headstart: Here Team 1 has a headstart of +12 points, so they must win the real match or lose the match by less than 12 points for this betting option to win. If they lose the match by exactly 12 points then half the betting stake is returned to the bettor.
Team 2 -12 handicap: Here Team 2 has a handicap of -12 points in the the sportsbook, so they must win the real match with more than 12 points. If they win the match by exactly 12 points then half the betting stake is returned to the bettor.
Play Spread betting in Basketball using these 3 simple steps
Now that you know about spread betting in Basketball, let us move on to the second section of this article where we introduce you to a simple betting guide on how to wager on basketball spread betting options in the W88 sports product. W88 offers huge sports W88 Promotion with more than 5 top sportsbook that Indian players can choose from for minimum betting stakes starting at ₹100 only.
Step 1: Log into W88 and select a sportsbook of your choice
- The first thing you must do is click on the ‘Login‘ button on the homepage, to log into the W88 betting site with your account. If you do not own a W88 account the click on the ‘Join‘ button and create one in the W88 Register under 2 minutes.
- Once done logging in the W88 Register, you can click on the ‘Sports‘ product from the menubar above, and this will lead you to the W88 sports section.
- From here click on your preferred sportsbook and move on to the next step. Here we will go ahead with the BTi sportsbook.
Step 2: Filter the W88 sportsbook and select a basketball match
- In step number 2, you must filter the W88 sportsbook using the options on the left panel. Here, you must click on the ‘Basketball‘ option and from under it select your preferred country or league.
- When you have all the basketball matches on one page in the W88 Sportsbook, then you can filter the betting option and set it to ‘Handicap‘ as shown in the image above, since Spread and Handicap are used interchangeably in sportsbooks.
- Then scroll down and click on your preferred match to wager on. You can also find a match with specific Spread point differences given to wager on.
Step 3: Click on your preferred sub-bet option and lock your bets
- In the final step of this tutorial, you must wager on any one of the spread sub-betting options. For this, you must locate the Full Time or FT Spread option and under that click on your preferred sub-bet option.
- Doing so would open a bet slip to the right side of your screen where you must enter your betting stake and based on the stake and odds the payout returns will be reveals.
- To lock your bets in for the match click on the ‘Place Bets‘ button and now all that is left to do is enjoy the match and wait for the bet results. To know the outcomes of the bets placed above with respect to the basketball betting odds, read on!
Spread Betting in Basketball outcomes with betting odds
In this section, let us look into the outcomes of the match example above with respect to the betting odds. Here we will introduce you to the two case scenarios of both teams in the W88 sportsbook basketball match example used above. Check out this How to Win Basketball Betting article for pro insights on placing accurate bets.
|Wagered on Team 1 -9.5 @ 1.87
|Wagered on Team 2 +9.5 @ 1.93
|Condition: Team 1 must win the real match by 10 points or more than 10 points for this betting option to win
|Condition: Team 2 must win the real match or lose the match by less than 9.5 points for this betting option to win
|Betting odds: 1.87
|Betting odds: 1.93
|Betting stake ₹100
|Betting stake: ₹100
|If the bet wins: ₹187 is won
|If the bet wins: ₹193 is won
|If the bet loses: Betting stake is lost
|If the bet loses: Betting stake is lost
As you can see, in the table are the winning and losing scenarios of wagering on both teams but along with it, you can also see how the betting stake and betting odds impact the payout returns on winning bets. That being said, here you can also see that the betting options with higher odds receive more payouts since the risk of wagering on them is higher, while lower odds have less payouts since the risk of wagering on them is lower. Thus, based on this plus the spread conditions, you can place a wager on a sub-betting option by making accurate decisions.
3 Helpful Spread Betting in Basketball tricks to win big!
To further help you with making accurate decisions on spread bets online, here are 3 helpful Spread Betting in Basketball Betting Tricks that can help you boost your winning rate. These tricks are beginner friendly and can help you boost the money in your account wallet by increasing your chances of winning so be sure to apply them.
- Make use of available statistical charts: The online betting sportsbooks on the betting site W88 provides you with statistical data of previous matches that can help you predict which team has a better chance of winning if the handicap odds are not clear. This can help you make decisions when it comes to choosing a sub-bet in Spread betting in basketball.
- Wager on the option with lower odds: As shown above, lower odds provide you with a better understanding of which team has a better chance of winning and which one does not. So, even if you win in small amounts, always wager on the lower betting odds for almost guaranteed wins.
- Boost account wallet with Sports bonus offers: Lastly, as stated above, there is a welcome W88 promotion offer on sportsbook products that new members can claim on their first deposit. So, to wager on the hottest basketball matches and play spread in basketball betting, be sure to boost your account wallet with the sportsbook bonus of up to ₹15,000 by claiming it as a W88 member.
This was Spread Betting in Basketball explained with a simple betting guide with examples from the W88 India sportsbooks. Using this tutorial, you can go ahead and wager on Spread in Basketball betting and enhance the thrills of the match. Be sure to claim the W88 promotion offer on new accounts to wager on some of the hottest basketball matches online. For more such tutorials, betting tips and tricks, or pro insights, keep visiting W88indi.