Meaning of 3 way handicap in betting explained with W88 football examples. Join W88 & get 200% up to ₹5,000 bonus to bet on handicap, headstart, or exact goals!
Football Betting Online 3 Way Handicap Betting W88 Bonus ₹5,000
If you are new to the betting world, you may already know about the handicap betting options but if you do not then you definitely should check out our simple explanation on it using the W88 sportsbook. However, in this article, we will help you upgrade your knowledge by introducing you to the meaning of the 3 way handicap in betting using soccer examples from the W88 sportsbook.
What is the meaning of 3-way handicap in betting?
Handicap bets are given for those matches with a strong and underdog team where the stronger team gets a handicap goal disadvantage while the underdog team gets a handicap goal advantage based on their strength difference. However, the 3 way handicap in betting involves a third betting option which is the Tie bet. This tie bet can be in favor of any one of the teams, which means, it adds conditions to the other team.
As you can see in the Handicap Betting in Football image example above, there are three sub-betting options in the 3 way handicap bets and they can be classified as:
- Strong Team (- goals): Just as the normal handicap betting conditions, the stronger team is given a disadvantage of – goals in the sportsbook which is then reduced from their real match score.
- Underdog Team (+ goals): As it is in the normal handicap betting conditions, the underdog team gets a headstart advantage of + goals in the sportsbook which is then added to their real match score.
- Tie: The tie bet in the 3 way handicap is the third sub-betting option added to the normal handicap conditions. This bet can be in favor of either teams and to understand this better, let us look at real match examples below.
Meaning of 3-way handicap in football betting explained with examples
As you can see in the Football Handicap Betting image example above, this is the 3 way handicap betting option for a Liverpool and Aston Villa match. Here, there are three different groups of 3 way handicap options in the sportsbook but we will mostly be focusing on the first and the third group as their conditions are different.
Case example 1: Liverpool (-2) vs Aston Villa (+2)
Here, Liverpool is given a -2 goal disadvantage and Aston Villa gets a +2 goal advantage. The tie betting option here requires Liverpool to complete the -2 handicap condition and Tie with the score of Aston Villa after the condition is applied.
|Liverpool handicap -2 goals||Tie, Liverpool -2||Aston Villa headstart +2 goals|
- Liverpool handicap -2: This means that Liverpool has to win the match by 3 or more than 3 goals for the bets to win. If they win the match by less than 2 goals or lose the match, then the bets on them will lose. So, if Liverpool scores 3 goals in the real match and wins with a 3-0 score then 2 goals will be taken from Liverpool, making the final result 1-0 in the sportsbook.
- Tie, Liverpool – 2: This means that if the end score in the sportsbook is a Tie after -2 goals are taken away from Liverpool, then the bets would result in the Tie bet winning. For instance, if the end result of the match is 4-2 where Liverpool scored 4 goals, then the sportsbook would take away two goals from Liverpool making the final result 2-2 in the sportsbook.
- Aston Villa headstart +2: This means that Aston Villa is given a headstart of 2 goals so they must lose the match by exactly 1 goal, draw the real match, or win the real match for bets on them to win. If they lose the real match by more than 2 goals then the bets on them will lose. So, if Aston Villa losses the match with a 1-0 score, then 2 goals will be given to Aston Villa making the final result 1-3 in the sportsbook.
Case example 2: Liverpool (+1) vs Aston Villa (-1)
Here, Liverpool has a headstart of +1 goal advantage while Aston Villa has a handicap of -1 goal disadvantage. The tie betting option here requires Liverpool to complete the +1 headstart condition and must Tie with Aston Villa after the condition is applied.
|Liverpool headstart of +1 goal||Tie, Liverpool +1||Aston Villa handicap of -1 goal|
- Liverpool +1 headstart: This means that Liverpool is given a headstart of 1 goal so they must lose the match by exactly 1 goal or win the real match for bets on them to win. If they lose the real match by more than 1 goal then the bets on them will lose. So, if Liverpool losses the match with a 0-0 score, then 1 goal will be given to Liverpool making the final result 1-0 in the sportsbook.
- Tie, Liverpool +1: This means that if the end score in the sportsbook is a Tie after the +1 goal is given to Liverpool, then the bets would result in the Tie bet winning. For instance, if the end result of the match is 0-1 where Liverpool scored 0 goals, then the sportsbook would add +1 goal to Liverpool making the final result 1+1 in the sportsbook.
- Aston Villa -1 handicap: This means that Aston Villa has to win the match by 1 or more than 1 goal for the bets to win. If they lose the match, then the bets on them will lose. So, if Aston Villa scores 2 goals in the real match and wins with a 0-2 score then 1 goal will be taken from Aston Villa, making the final result 0-1 in the sportsbook.
Play 3-way-handicap betting in the W88 sportsbook using these 3 steps
We hope with the explanation given above you have understood the meaning of 3 way handicap in betting. Now let us move on to the next section of our tutorial and introduce you to the easy betting guide on how you can play the 3 way handicap bets in the W88 sportsbook. Using W88 is beneficial thanks to its new member bonus of 200% up to ₹5,000 that you can get under W88 Promotion for sportsbook products.
Step 1: Log into your W88 account to select a sportsbook
- The first thing you must do is visit the official W88 website and create an account in the register by clicking on ‘Join‘. This will take you to the registration form that you must fill out with accurate details.
- Once done, you can click on ‘Login‘ to ensure that you have logged into the site with your new credentials.
- Once you have completed the process of creating an account in the W88 Register, you must click on the ‘Sports‘ product and pick a sportsbook of your choice.
- For this tutorial, we will be using the e-SPORTS European sportsbook whose betting option starts from ₹100 only which is a very beginner-friendly price.
Step 2: Pick any football match of your choice
- In the second step of this tutorial, you should find yourself on the homepage of the sportsbook where you will see different sports matches.
- Since soccer matches are mostly used for handicap bets, you must now filter the sportsbook by clicking on ‘Soccer‘ from the options on the left side of your screen.
- As you will see, you also have the option to filter the sportsbook based on different counties and leagues and so, once you have filtered the W88 Sportsbook according to your preferences, you will get all soccer matches on a single page.
- Once done, you must scroll down and pick any match of your choice by clicking on it and moving on to the next step. Here, we will go ahead with a match between Tottenham and Brentford in the England Premier League series.
Step 3: Place a wager on one of the three handicap sub-options
- In the third step, you will find yourself on the page with all the betting options for the match you selected and so, you must scroll down to find the 3-way handicap betting option.
- From here, you must click on your preferred sub-betting option by looking at the betting odds. Remember, higher odds pay out more but lower odds mean that the chances of winning are more in Soccer Betting matches.
- Once done, a betting slip will open to the right side of your screen where you must enter your betting stake. This will show you the payout you will receive based on the betting odds,
- To lock in your bets for the match, click on ‘Place Bets‘ and now all that is left to do is sit back in anticipation of the results as you watch the match in the W88 sportsbook.
3 potential outcomes of the 3-way handicap betting option
In the last section of this article, let us look at the three possible outcomes with respect to the given betting odds. Betting odds are important when wagering on betting options as they help you make decisions based on what you need. So, the betting odds and some Football Betting Tips can help you win big with a single bet.
|Wagered on Home -2 @6.30||Wagered on Tie, Home -2 @ 5.40||Wagered on Away + 2 @ 1.32|
|Condition: The team needs to score 3 or more goals in the real match for this bet to win||Condition: The teams need to Tie after Tottenham is deprived of -2 goals for this bet to win||Condition: The team needs to win, draw, or lose the match by less than 2 goals for bets to win.|
|Betting odds: 6.30||Betting odds: 5.40||Betting odds: 1.32|
|Betting stake: ₹100||Betting stake: ₹100||Betting stake: ₹100|
|If the bet wins: Payout of ₹630 is received||If the bet wins: Payout of ₹540 is received||If the bet wins: Payout of ₹132 is received|
|If the bet losses: The betting stake is lost||If the bet losses: The betting stake is lost||If the bet losses: The betting stake is lost|
As you can see, the betting odds that are high give higher payouts as the risk of betting on these options are higher. So, if you are willing to risk more then you can wager on higher odds to get higher payouts. However, if you want to bet with low risks then you can wager on the lower odds to win in small amounts. With this, you are fully equipped with the necessary details you need to play the 3-way handicap betting option in the sportsbook.
This was the Meaning of the 3 Way Handicap in Betting with examples from the W88 sportsbook. Using the W88 sportsbook will give you a chance to gain a sportsbook promotion bonus of up to ₹5,000 which makes betting slightly easy on the pockets. If you want to learn more about betting options like these then you should use the W88indi betting guide where we introduce you to pro insights on the sports betting world.