Bill Benter, the boss of horse betting & blackjack is at the No 1 position with a total net worth of $1 billion. Explore top 10 gamblers in the world 2023 now!
W88 India Free ₹250 Bets W88 Betting
Over the years, certain gamblers have become legends. Gambling has become associated with several names. Some include motivational success stories, while others include cautionary tales. We’ve compiled a list of Top 10 gamblers in the world 2022 due to the large number of people who are known for gambling.
Famous sports gamblers, professional poker players, and historical individuals all appear on our list. We experts at W88 India have included both the most successful players and the most well-known gamblers who have lost everything & came back with more power.
#1. Bill Benter
Bill Benter is one of the world’s wealthiest gamblers. In the 1970s, as a math professor, Benter put his mathematical talents to the test by playing blackjack in Las Vegas live casino. Benter became a successful professional gambler at the blackjack tables after honing his card counting techniques as stated in Edward O. Thorp’s book, Beat the Dealer.
- Highest win –In a single day, he is said to be able to pull in $5 to $10 million in horse racing bets.
- Net worth – Bill Benter’s innovative software algorithm earns him an estimated $100 million each year in bets.
- Game – Horse betting and blackjack
- Nickname – an ever-changing pattern Moore brought attention to algorithmic betting by bragging to the local press, earning him the moniker “God of Horses.”
- Recognition – He teamed up with Alan Woods, a seasoned horse racing gambler, to create one of the industry’s most effective analyzing computer software systems.
#2. Edward Thorp
Edward O. Thorp would never be omitted from the ranking of the Top 10 gamblers of the world. The professor of mathematics was an expert in the subject of probability. He created a software for estimating blackjack probability, which led to the development of card counting.
- Highest win – Thorp’s experiment paid off, as he earned $11,000 over the course of a single weekend.
- Net worth – The estimated net worth of Edward Thorp is $800 million
- Game – Blackjack
- Nickname – Thorp is rightfully known as the Grandfather of Card Counting.
- Recognition – Thorp wrote a book called Beat the Dealer in 1962 to share his views with a larger audience. His work is widely regarded as the first handbook on card counting.
#3. Billy Walters
Many believe Billy Walters to be the most renowned sports betting gambler of all time. Billy Walters was born in 1946 and began gambling at the age of nine. So, with such a large portion of his life devoted to gambling, you can expect him to have perfected his talents to be as excellent a gambler as anybody.
- Highest win – When he gambled on the New Orleans Saints to win the Super Bowl in 2010, he won $3.5 million.
- Net worth – This gambler has amassed a staggering net worth of $200 million since the start of his profession.
- Game – Sports betting
- Nickname – William “Billy” Walters is a name that is well-known in the world of sports betting.
- Recognition – While wagering on sports in Las Vegas, Billy Walters enjoyed a 30-year winning run.
#4. Phil Ivey
Phil Ivey is one of the most well-known professional gamblers in history. He has established himself as one of the finest poker players in the world. Ivey began professionally playing poker at the age of 20, despite having been playing against his grandfather since he was eight years old.
- Highest win – In 2008, he won the championship and a prize of $1,596,100. He also had success playing poker at internet gambling sites, winning an estimated $19 million in online poker.
- Net worth – To date, ivey has earned nearly $30 million in live earnings.
- Game – Poker
- Nickname – Tiger Woods of Poker
- Recognition – Phil Ivey won his first WSOP bracelet in 2000. At the age of 38, he became the youngest poker player to win ten WSOP bracelets. Ivey has made 9 appearances at the World Poker Tour final table.
#5. Daniel Negreanu
He is one of the world’s wealthiest gamblers and has been dubbed the finest poker player of his generation. His uncanny ability to keep opponents on their toes while engaging in small chat and penetrating their minds is renowned.
- Highest win – Negreanu has amassed a total of $42 million in poker winnings. His highest live cash total is more over $8 million.
- Net worth – Daniel Negreanu is unquestionably one of the wealthiest and most recognised gamblers in the world, with an estimated net worth of at least $50 million.
- Game – Poker
- Nickname – He’s known as ‘Kid Poker’ in poker circles and among fans. Negreanu began playing poker at a young age and was frequently the youngest player at the table.
- Recognition – His poker accomplishments have landed him in the upper echelon of poker history, and he was inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame in 2014.
#6. Zeljko Ranogajec
Zeljko was another well-known gambler who gained a fortune. He acquired an advantage at Blackjack tables by employing his mathematical talents.
- Highest win – Zeljko has amassed a fortune of over $1 billion, surpassing the record set by just a few previous casino players.
- Net worth – The individual, who was born in Australia, has a net worth of $610 million AUD.
- Game – Blackjack
- Nickname – Because of his few public appearances, some refer to him as the “Loch Ness Monster.”
- Recognition – He was elected to the Blackjack Hall of Fame in 2011.
#7. Doyle Brunson
Doyle Brunson is an American professional poker player with a long and illustrious career. Before announcing his retirement in 2018, he had a career that spanned 50 years.
- Highest win – He was the first player to win $1 million in poker tournaments, earning him the title of “Poker’s Most Influential Figure.”
- Net worth – His total live tournament winnings have surpassed $6,000,000 as of 2018. From his 37 WSOP cashes, he has amassed almost $3,000,000 in profits.
- Game – Poker
- Nickname – Texas Dolly
- Recognition – Super/System, which he wrote in 1978, is a well-known professional guide to the world of poker. Won 10 WSOP tournaments, World Series of Poker main event in 1976 and 1977.
#8. Tony Bloom
Tony Bloom began his career as a poker player and quickly rose to become one of the most well-known gamblers. He used his earnings to launch a firm that offers betting advice to those who are betting on sporting events.
- Highest win – While his poker career netted him $1.5 million in 2008, his actual wealth comes from his other interests, such as his company Starlizard, which provides reliable sports betting advice.
- Net worth – Bloom’s firm generates more than £100 million in revenue.
- Game – Poker & sports betting
- Nickname – Tony ‘the Lizard’ Bloom, famed for poker and sports betting.
- Recognition – Bloom is presently the chairman of the Brighton & Hove Albion football club, as well as a majority stakeholder of Royale Union Saint-Gilloise, a Belgian football team.
#9. Phil Hellmuth
Another professional poker player to enter our list of the most renowned gamblers of all time is Phil Helmuth. Hellmuth has the record for most World Series of Poker bracelets (15), more than any other poker player. He also has the most WSOP cashes and final tables in the tournament’s history.
- Highest win – Hellmuth also took home $2,645,333 for finishing fourth in the $1,000,000 buy-in “Big One for One Drop” tournament, which was by far the most money he has ever won in a single tournament.
- Net worth – Hellmuth continues to play poker professionally and has collected over $24 million in live earnings to date.
- Game – Poker
- Nickname – The Poker Brat, this title refers to his ferocious reactions to poor beating and conduct.
- Recognition – In 2003, he also published Play Poker Like the Pros, and during the next two years, he published two more books.
#10. Archie Karas
Archie was a champion of the Razz tables and starred in ‘The Run’ in the 1990s. Karas was born in the year 1950 in the Greek island of Cephalonia. He examined the games at the table and made rapid judgments that enabled him to increase his bankroll, pay off all of his obligations, and create a large nest egg.
- Highest win – Karas won a whopping $40 million, making him one of the most well-known gamblers in Las Vegas.
- Net worth – Karas amassed a bankroll of more than $2 million in high-stakes poker, but lost everything but $50.
- Game – Poker, Craps, Baccarat
- Nickname – Archie Karas, widely known as “the Greek” of Sin City, used to be the largest gambler and the worst loser in the world of professional poker.
- Recognition – Earned a fortune with a net worth of more than $40 million between 1992 and 1995. This 3-year winning streak became known as “The Run,” and it is now considered the biggest and longest hot streak in gambling history.
There was one trait that all of the Top 10 gamblers in the world shared in common. They were all committed to observing, learning, and using their talents in order to profit from these games while maintaining a healthy mentality that takes both victories and defeats equally.
You may be interested:
W88 India, an amazing online casino website and international football sponsor, gives away a 150% welcome bonus up to ₹15,000 on signup under sportsbook for those who want to try sports betting for the first time! Simply W88 apply for a membership to get this welcome bonus!